At Cleantech Commons we are delighted to support this exciting initiative, which is designed to both raise awareness about problems worth solving and showcase investible companies by bringing together farmers, academics, agri-tech entrepreneurs, and investors.
The Ontario Agri-Tech Pitch Competition is being presented in collaboration with the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food & Rural Affairs.
The venture with the most significant potential to advance the Ontario agri-food sector and beyond will win a grand prize of $10,000, while the winner of the People’s Choice award will take home $2,500.
- $10,000 Best in Class: for best investment/impact pitch, as adjudicated by an experienced investor panel.
- $2,500 People’s Choice Award: for the most popular team, as determined by audience voting.
- $1,000 Finalist Award: for each team selected to pitch – as well as a free hotel the night before!
- Located in Ontario (ideally head office – but at least one office).
- An incorporated business (<5 years).
- Able to attend/compete in-person in Guelph (each of 5 finalists awarded $1,000 for pitching live).
- Company delivers a product or service from or for the agri-food sector.
- Scalable business model.
- Have not yet raised seed capital (private family and friends funding allowed).
- Open to any Ontario-based agri-tech start-up company.
- Focus on Ontario-based early-stage companies preparing for seed investment.
- Hybrid event, but mostly online.
- All teams must pitch live in Guelph, ON.
- Optional networking for those attending in person in the OMAFRA Building (1 Stone Rd, Guelph, ON.)
- Interested? Register here to pitch (Deadline: February 8th, 2023)
You are also invited to join us online as the next generation of new Ontario-based agri-tech start-ups “battle it out” to be crowned “best in class”.
- Learn about emerging Agri-Tech talent and technology in Ontario.
- Learn about the resources available to support emerging ventures.
- Convinced? Register here to attend.
Want to learn more or have any questions? Contact email@example.com